Wednesday, September 12, 2007

What was that?

I was getting ready to get ready for work yesterday (yes, you read that correctly, I hadn't actually started getting ready, I was finishing up all the before work stuff I was doing so I could get ready) when my hands and feet started itching. I don't mean tiny little slightly irritating itching, I mean drive you nuts why won't it stop kind of itching. Well, I figured I must have accidentally contacted something and took a benadryl, when right after swallowing the pill, I got nauseous and light headed and tunnel-visioned and my ears felt like I was under water. I felt like I was going to pass out, and broke out in a cold sweat.

I called in sick. No way would I want anything like that to happen while I was driving! It lasted for about 3-4 hours. No Idea where that came from or what caused it.


kinnigurl said...

Geeze - that sounds odd! Glad it passed quickly and you didn't drive!

Treasa said...

Oh, I might have figured out sort of what it was.

I looked at my had today and it has two small bug bites on the base of the thumb, near the wrist. I'm horribly allergic to ants (long story)so that was probably what it was. We've been having a bad fire ant year.

Woman of Feathers said...

Yikes ... so we need to put an ant guard around you if we take you anywhere ... right ... *gasp*

Glad you are better dear ... *hugs*

Lady Visine said...

Egad!! That must have been horrible for you. Benedryl, if you can take it, is a wonderful thing. That'll teach you to actually start getting ready for work, though. ;) Hope you're feeling much better today.

The first thing I thought, when reading your hands were itching, was that old wives tale about a bunch of money coming your way, when your palm itches. Did you buy a lottery ticket? :D

Treasa said...

No... dagnabbit! ;)